For the last few years I have integrated Random Acts of Kindness to my curriculum in order to start students thinking about how we communicate and show empathy to others. Recently my good gal pal Lea Ann began the Random Acts of Kindness movement with her children. There is no time like the present to make this revolution a part of my daily life and walk with Jesus Christ. Here it goes....

Friday, June 18, 2010

Act of Kindness #1-June 18, 2010

For the last few years I have integrated Random Acts of Kindness to my curriculum in order to start students thinking about how we communicate and show empathy to others. Recently my good gal pal Lea Ann began the Random Acts of Kindness movement with her children. There is no time like the present to make this revolution a part of my daily life, so here it goes......

Day 1.....as a mother, I know the significance of chocolate chip cookies to ease worry and cure the blues. I have adopted into my heart one of my former students. I am so proud of her accomplishments and support her dreams. She wants to have a baby and has been through a few rounds of invitro. Last Friday was her latest attempt. Of course now she endures nightly injections and worries with every ache and pain until that positive pregnancy test. Besides my daily prayers I baked home made chocolate chip cookies and delivered them to her at work. She said I made her day but really she made my day. I always wish I could take away every problem and make everything better but if that were the case, I would be Jesus Christ. I believe for the time being, I will a pair of loving hands delivering the love of my savior Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, how awesome!!!! I'm so excited we are doing the kindness revolution together!!! God is sooo good!

    I can't wait to follow along with your journey.

    Blessings : )

    Love ya to the moon & back,
    Lea Ann

    ReplyDelete