For the last few years I have integrated Random Acts of Kindness to my curriculum in order to start students thinking about how we communicate and show empathy to others. Recently my good gal pal Lea Ann began the Random Acts of Kindness movement with her children. There is no time like the present to make this revolution a part of my daily life and walk with Jesus Christ. Here it goes....

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 7, June 24, 2010

Do you ever take the time to really look at the people around you? Are they happy? Today I was at the grocery store and really slowed down and made myself be in the moment. Usually I am rushed, focused, and couldn't tell you if there was really anybody in the store besides me. Some would say, that is just life. How much are we really missing?

My quest today was to make eye contact with everyone in the grocery store, smile, and say hello. So simple yet some of the reactions can be unexpected. I had a few scowls, I guess they were having a bad day and nothing was going to change that. Some were surprised. People really don't take the time to spread humanity too often I guess. I am glad to report that I received a whole lot of smiles and many hellos. I wish I would have counted just how many people I smiled at today. After you do this for awhile you get a permament smile instead of a permament frown.

Smile on everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment